T I M E & L O C A T I O N
A B O U T
Blacksmith II is a single semester class. Completion of Blacksmith I or teacher permission is required. Refer to syllabus for important details about projects, safety and clothing requirements.
Build on the skill foundation you built in Blacksmith I.
- Safety and materials review with more in depth metal/materials research.
- Skill review and project assignments.
- Time allowed for individual projects once basic skills and safety measures are sufficiently mastered.
- Potential visiting artist.
- Several more advance projects will be worked on in class so that skills are refined.
- Shop improvements, maintenance and home shops discussed.
Classes will be held on Tues at 4 - 5:30 pm starting Sept 11, 2018 through Jan 8, 2018 rain or shine in the Smithy on the Farm. Students must dress for weather and safety.
Refer to the website calendar for scheduled days off and vacations.
Student will also maintain a digital portfolio that will be shared with the partnership and the parents. Attendance will be taken as required by the partnership. Student will complete a final project before the end of the semester.