T I M E & L O C A T I O N
A B O U T
Blacksmith II is a single semester class. Completion of Blacksmith I or teacher permission is required. Refer to syllabus for important details about projects, safety and clothing requirements.
Build on the skill foundation you built in Blacksmith I.
- Safety and materials review with more in depth metal/materials research.
- Skill review and project assignments.
- Time allowed for individual projects once basic skills and safety measures are sufficiently mastered.
- Potential field trip and visiting artist.
- Several more advance projects will be worked on in class so that skills are refined.
- Shop improvements, maintenance and home shops discussed.
Classes will be held on Tues at 4 - 5:30 starting Jan 23, 2018 through May 15, 2018 rain or shine in the Smithy on the Farm except for the following dates:
Spring Break 4/2 - 4/6/18.
Student will also be expected to attend and participate in the Student Demo / Public Open House on Wed May 23 from 10-3 (parental supervision required). There will be a dinner for the participants held Thurs May 24 from 3-5.